Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Studio Day 2

Welly, well, well...

The studio is going better than imagined. I'm not a fan of recording...it can be a tedious process, and to be honest, kind of boring. I prefer playing live and raging...which we kind of do in the studio...but it is still not the same...

We returned to Polymorph on Saturday...I was fashionably late as always...had to get beer and food, and I took a different way there and there was nowhere to stop since I was in the sticks, so I had to take some extra time to get my supplies...And I dodged another snow storm again...Seems like every time we record, we get stuck with shit weather...Snow and cold...Yes, I'm aware it is winter fuckos, but it can be cold without the snow...Maybe we should switch to black metal??

We reviewed the drum tracks from the previous week and were quite satisfied. Again, Jim did an amazing job and just killed it. The drums sound massive.

So we finished what we needed to do...5 more tunes...Done...

Yes, drum tracks are done!!

Again, kudos to Jim...

So we start guitars this week. We plan on taking a little different approach this time around. No trickery or bullshit...we would never do that. We always want to capture our live performance in the best way we can. Live sound, intensity, and just our crazy sickness.

We will have a close friend lending his ears and assisting with mic placements and stuff like that. It will be a big help because he knows our sound and what we should sound like when recording. Extra ears will greatly help as we have always just did things on our own...while we have always been happy with our past recordings, I think this will kick this release up a notch...

Curious on who is helping? Well, I'm still not telling...

So, that is all for now...So far, we spent about 6 hours recording total...not bad...We are hoping to whiz through the rest. The songs are well rehearsed and everything feels great...Part 3 coming soon...

No comments: