Friday, December 10, 2010

Here I Go Again...

...On my own...

Oh, sing it David Coverdale!!

Eh, yeah, I know...it has been awhile...Life has been busy...finishing up school, feverishly looking for work, playing in a rock n roll band...Busy busy...

So a bit of an update...

The New Jersey Deathfest was fun for us...a lot of work and we were kind of trapped out there (shuttles and cabs, which is very expensive) but nonetheless, fun times...

We did our last show for the year in November with Incantation, Funerus, and Fatalist here at Reggies in Chicago...Great show...We debuted 5 new songs at this show...They appeared to go over well...Kristoff (Afterparty Massacre) viddyed it and there is a soundboard recording as well...When it will surface is TDB...There are plans...

As most of you who know me know I hate playing in Chicago...It is very fickle and thankless...This year was really good to us though...We did 4 shows, 3 of them with established bands, 1 was the tour date...

April=Deceased @ The Redline Tap
July=Tour Date @ Nitecap with our bros Gravehill
August=Destroyer666/Enthroned @ Reggies
November=Incantation @ Reggies

All shows went great and we were treated the way a band should be treated at all of these shows...The majority of shows we did this year were about the same...Well, all except one maybe...Not gonna mention it though...why bother??

So what is going on you ask? Oh, you didn't ask...well, I'm gonna tell you anyway...

Cardiac has just started recording our 4th album...I'm not going to tell you the name yet, nor the song titles...My old ass still believes that there should be some kind of mystique about a band...Too much information flies around out there...

Says me who is writing a stupid blog...ha ha!!

I will say that Jim (drummer) got done 6 drum tracks last Saturday...And I must say, the drums sounded fucking intense!!! No bullshit and no tricks...Massive!!!We will be in again this Saturday...5 more songs which hopefully he can knock out...And there will be a cool surprise when we start guitars...and I'm not letting the rabbit out of the hat on that either...

No pics just yet...Jim has some drum cam footage...Go look on his or the Cardiac Facebook page if you really want to see it...

So it snowed last week...and i had to clear snow around my neighborhood before making the trek to the studio and I was late as always...And it is supposed to snow massively this Saturday, so I'm sure I'll be late again...Ugh

I started a beer pyramid at the studio...I'll post pics of the progress...Fun fun!!

What's going on with Severed you ask? Oh yeah, my other band...To be honest, I really don't know...I'm so busy, I'm not thinking about it much...Maybe time to call it a day?? Maybe not? I don't know...I hate to stop because I have been doing it since 95...Seems like a waste if I don't keep going...Decisions, decisions...

Till next time...Cheers!!!

No comments: