Sunday, August 8, 2010

Tour Day 5--A Day Off and Still No Goddamned Bed!

We left Prescott, AZ around 2am by my estimation. Dennis drove through the night. I actually slept pretty good all things considered. It was around 7am when I woke for the first gas stop...

That's all this part of the trip was folks...driving and gassing up...

We went through AZ, New Mexico, and finally Texas. Originally we planned to play El Paso, but we could not secure a venue. I think most of us were glad for the day off.

We kept pushing through. Trans-Am drove a shift, Carl drove a shift, then I drove a shift. Beer took over after me.

I will say this...there is not much to look at in Western Texas. Not much out there at all. I got flashbacks from movies where they have those "Last Chance" gas stations...The speed limit was 80MPH here, which I never seen. Texas is so vast you need to go fast to get through it...

Had to go through Border Patrol, which was not to big a deal. There is always that thought in the back of your head that they are going to fuck with you though. At least for me anyway.

So after all that driving, we get to Beer's place in San Antonio around 9pm. Yes, we drove straight through...2am to 9pm...

Trans Am went back to Austin that night, which was only about an hour away. Dennis and Carl went home to rest. We (Cardiac) stayed at Beer's. Time to relax!!

There was a convenience store right by the house, so off I walked to get beer! We watched a few flicks, and went to sleep...We gave David the spare room since he is a slight sleeper. So, no bed for me yet again! Although the couch was comfy and it sure as hell beat the van I was sleeping in since Friday...

Wednesday rolls around and I was up early. Watched a little TV and went to the store to get some stuff. Jim edited the little mini doc from the last post, David and Adam slept still, and Beer and I went to the record store he works at, Hog-Wild Records...

We got back and everyone was now up. We went to grab something to eat at this great Mexican place. After that, we went grocery shopping to stock up on water, snacks, lunchmeat, and other necessities. While I thought things were going well, we really had to watch how money was spent. Things were tight as it was so we had to nickel and dime.

After that, we did laundry.

Exciting, eh?

Well, that's what bands have to do on days off. At least bands with good hygiene anyway...

We are getting ready to leave for Austin soon after this relaxing day. Gravehill had arrived in Austin early and were staying with our friend Ly...we couldn't make it there unfortunately because of the Hod guys being spread out. Carl and Dennis showed up and we got ready to take off for Austin.

We put the seat (remember, the one that Hod removed for the trip out) back in and headed to the gig. That seat was a big cause of the trouble that will greet us after the Austin gig...

No comments: