Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tour Day 6--The Stars At Night Are Big and Bright

*CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP*

Deep in the heart of Texas

Sorry, could resist...

So we make out way to Austin...People always told me it was a music city, and they weren't shitting...We get to the club and it is just bar after bar after bar, all which had live music going...Hmm, this won't be good...

We played at at place called Beerland...Appropriate for me, don' ya think??

Load in as painless and good vibes were plentiful...We got some drink tickets, so I was a happy camper...Jim, David, and Adam went to do another interview with Darren. Are you wondering why I never do interviews? Well, that is a rant for another blog...I did let Darren know my reasons though...it's not like I am saying fuck off to underground media or anything like that...

Here is said interview at Metalship

I got to meet a couple of friends finally...Ly, who was supposed to have us over for a big cook out, but we could not make it...also offered us a crash spot too, which is always appreciated. Gravehill was staying there as well. I also finally met Tom and Eloisa Stevens too. It is always cool to finally meet people in person that you talk to in the world of social networking...Place had a respectable amount of people, so things were turning around...

Birth AD was up first. The are from Texas (Houston, I believe) and they were to be playing the other Texas shows at the end of the tour. They were really good. Great crossover type thrash! Also, it was someone's birthday, so some cake smashing occurred...

We changed up the order a bit...We played next, then Gravehill, the Hod...All bands put on a ripping show. I think we were all in the groove as the kids say...or do they? I don't know...I'm old...

We had something funny happen on stage...during our last song, David's hair got caught in my headstock...See, I was not on my normal side of the stage...When you look at the stage, I am normally on the right...Because of the amp situation, I was on the left...No biggie, although a bit awkward. Anyway, David and I move around a lot and we moved at the wrong time...The last song ended with us standing back to back still playing...I mean, I didn't want to rip his hair out...Maybe I should of...More metal perhaps?? So that was our "Spinal Tap" moment...

Here is a link to the show review

Show went really well and we were getting ready to load out...

This is when the extra seat in the van reared it's ugly head.

Ok, I'm not going to get into extreme detail with what happened next. This is also not a shot against our brothers Hod in any way. So please don't take it that way...

With the extra seat now in the van, we lost storage room. We figured that the gear Gravehill off loaded back in LA would free up some space. We were also getting a driver for the remainder of the tour, so we now had another body. Stuff would not fit in the trailer...We had to figure out something...Gravehill took off and I thought we'd figure everything out tomorrow...

Instead, what happened was something I didn't expect. I don't think any of us did. Hod wanted to drop off the tour. We all tried talking, but we were at an impasse. We got ahold of the Gravehill dudes who were staying at Ly's...After a lot of phone conversations, they showed back up to the club to offload Hod's gear because they were intent on staying.

Fuck.

What the hell do we do now? The van is in their drummer's name. They provided most of the gear. Why is this falling apart? What do we do with our plane tickets home? Fuck, fuck, fuck. We took the van and we'd get the paperwork stuff figured out later...It was now around 5am and we should have been on the road. We hugged and said our goodbyes, majorly upset and bummed out. I puked several times I was so upset (and no, I was not drunk) but they made their decision concerned for their best interests and we made ours...

We were carrying on...

We followed Gravehill over to Ly's place...Jim, Thorgrimm, and I talked a bit trying to get a plan together...We got a plan going and then needed to get some sleep...It was 6am...We had to be in Kansas City for the next show, so we would have to leave by 8am...Wonderful.

So, once again, since Ly's house was pretty much full, David and I slept in that fucking van again!!!

2 comments:

Corpsie said...

Hahaha, I thought you slept in the van because as soon as you came in and heard Mike sawing logs, you just threw your hands up and decided the van was the quietest place.

Cardiac Tom said...

Yeah, I think that was part of it too...ha ha!!