Friday, August 13, 2010

Tour Day 11--Can't think of anything witty to reference--New Jersey

Well, other than Jersey Shore stuff...and no, I am not a Snooki fan, but I would do a lot of things to J-Woww...I mean, come on...she's hot!!



See...

So we wake up and check out of the hotel in Allentown...The first order of business was getting to Jersey and going to Rutt's Hut for hot dogs...But, we had some business to take care of which required a Western Union...So the Gravehill guys headed out and we putzed around Allentown a bit...

There was an amusing little back and forth between Mike and Jim and a Dunkin' Donuts drive through...The high point of my morning...

My depression was getting worse...I didn't even want to drive, so Mike took one for the team. I believe I sat in the back seat just dwelling on, well, a whole bunch of things...But, I was quiet for the whole trip...

It took us a little over an hour to get to our destination...Ta da!!



And this is what I had...Two Rippers!!



I kind of glopped on the mustard and special relish, so the pic looks a bit messy...But these things were awesome! And this is coming from someone who has eaten Chicago style dogs all his life...

The Gravehill guys had already come through there and were now looking for a hotel. We would get word back shortly...

This time, we stayed at an over priced dump of a hotel...They seemed pretty strict there so we had to "sneak" in...Thorgrimm was able to get the price down a bit, but this place was so shitty...ugh...I noticed the lobby was uncomfortably hot when I was checking us in...

We get to the room and wonderful...the air works, but not really good...Fuck it, I didn't care at that point. I took a shower and then relaxed...we had a lot of time to kill. Everyone else slept while I messed around on the computer a bit (Yes, Mafia Wars and catching up on all the Facebook junk)

I went to get something to drink...I searched all over this dump for a vending machine...Success...had to go all the way down to the lobby though...Apparently, the third floor is the "no frills" floor...

I needed smokes so I went for a walk...you guessed it...nowhere around to get them...Sigh...depression gets worse...

Mike and I went over to the venue around 5:30 to check in...In the mean time, everyone else was getting ready. The club wasn't open yet, but ran into someone who worked there and he told us to come back around 7 to 7:30...

Finally got my smokes after looking all over the place and getting lost in the process...Mike was a trooper putting up with my ass since he was driving...

We all go back to the club and meet up with some of our friends...Roy Fox and Gutter, who booked the show were there with their crew and they took care of us well...

We played at Dingbatz which was a really cool place. Another short show as there was only one local band playing. Since I was in such a funk, I went across the street to their other bar Dingo's and had a beer and a burger. Bob went with me, but I was just off in my own world.

I kept to myself most of the night. I watched the opening band, Carnal. At first, I was not into them...It was that brutal slam death style, so I kind of wrote them off. But then the next song was basic death metal...then the next one had a lot of thrashy elements. They were pretty diverse and ended up winning me over.

We were up next...time to get out of depression mode and play. Yeah folks, I can change my mood at the drop of a hat when I need to. So many things were really eating at me, but you would never know it when I am on stage.

The sound at Dingbats was amazing! Jim checked his bass drums and the about lifted me two feet above the stage...Holy shit!!

We did our thing to a great response and I was starting to feel better...The beers started flowing a lot more...

Gravehill was next and they kicked the usual ass! They had played the New Jersey Deathfest last year and they had a decent following in the area. They sounded so massive there...I can't say enough good things about the sound in this place.

We loaded up and Thorgrimm and a couple of others went back to the hotel. The remainder of us stayed at Dingo's, hung with Gutter, and took over the jukebox. Matt and Bob led a great Merciful Fate sing-a-long...My mood was steadily improving thanks to those guys...Matt also found an interesting article of clothing that he got out of the lost and found box...and we wore that part of the costume the rest of the night...



We partied in the Cardiac room well into the night. My mood was better and I was looking forward to playing in New York City tomorrow...

Besides...great friends, beer, and Family Guy always makes things better!



And yes, I actually slept in the bed this time!!

1 comment:

Grindhead Jim Deabenderfer said...

FUCK. I forgot we played Clifton on that tour.