Monday, August 16, 2010

Tour Day 12--I Want To Be A Part Of It...New York, New York...

Digging deeper into the well and out comes an "Ol' Blue Eyes" reference...Look that up if you are confused kiddies...

Where was I? Ah, ok, we wake several times in the morning...Why several times...Because the fucking staff of the hotel kept knocking on our door asking us about when we were checking out...Um, at check out time, which was noon I think...This started at 9am...Note to self...don't stay at that hotel again...

We finally got moving around 12, but it was important to continue the mini Food Network tour...Which led us right down the road to here...



We eagerly await our feast...



Awesomeness! The food was great and cheap...and they gave you a lot of it...Highly recommended...

We had to look for a place to get an oil change for the Gravehill-mobile...Not to be...That area of Jersey seems to not have convenient places...I had a bitch of a time finding cigs, no oil change place, and gas stations tended to be scarce...

So, we head off to our next destination, New York City...which was only a half hour away...I didn't drive because I fear big city driving other than Chicago, so Mike did it and I was relieved. My mood was a bit better today...Good, I'm getting out of my funk...

Getting into New York was not as bad as I imagined...I had been there once before, but I was with people who knew the area so it didn't really phase me...Don't get me wrong...it was a bitch, but not real bad...



Next, we had to find the club then worry about parking...

That wasn't so bad either...Easily found the place and found relatively close parking...Even the Gravehill-mobile with the trailer...Just had to feed the meters...

The club was Fontana's and it was right in the middle of Chinatown...Not much to do there. It was really congested and kind of unpleasant...garbage was everywhere, so the smells were not that great either...Parking right in front of the club opened up at 7pm...No lugging stuff if we played our cards right...

Hey, look...we are tourists...



We had a lot of time to kill...Matt and Bob wandered around. Corpsie and Adam took naps...Jim and David walked around...Mike, Rhett, and I stayed in the club. I drank beer and played Golden Tee...Did much better on that then I did in Portland with pinball...

Oooohh...We made it on a poster at the venue...



Yes, we were playing with Goreaphobia tonight, who I was looking forward to seeing again...

Mike and I decided to go walking around a little bit...Load in time was getting close, so we had to be back...not to mention being ready to move the vehicles for the optimal spots...

Luckily we found a pizza joint a couple of blocks down...I was thankful for that because I am not too big of a Chinese food fan...and there were tons of those places obviously...

Look at the Creep at the Pizza Joint!



So we get back and start the load in...My foot was hurting real bad so I was kind of crabby...but, work needed to be done...There's no crying in metal!

People were starting to show up...Ran into Danny and Ron of Malignancy...Jeff Zornow and Bridget showed up...Ross and Bob of Immolation also came by along with some other friends...Coolness!

I ended up with lots of drink tickets since most of the other guys don't really drink...So I enjoyed my free Iron City beers all night!

Animals Killing People were up first. Not bad, but not really my thing...Kind of that New York Brutal thing...They were super nice guys though!

The crowd was great for us and Gravehill...The stage was kind of small so we were pretty cramped so we did the best we could with limited movement...

Goreaphobia was next and they kicked ass. But, for some reason, the club started to thin out quite a bit...It was a Tuesday and late, but I thought New York was one of those cities that never sleep...Guess not...

I mentioned my hurt foot before...I think it was due to the way I rest my foot on the gas pedal while driving...The only way I can describe it was that it felt like the top of my right foot was cracked...Anyway, I aggravated it more when loading out...there were steps, and the first one is real low...almost like it is not there...When I was going down to get more stuff, I missed that step and the middle of my foot came down on it...PAIN!! I was hobbling around like a fucking idiot after that...They all told me not to worry about loading out, but I'm not like that...I'll deal with it after everything is secure...

We hung for a bit and got ready for the long haul to Indianapolis...This would be another long run of 12 hours and a through the night drive.

No comments: