Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Goodbyes suck!

Well, I get home when most people are getting ready for work...I crash out in a drunken coma...

My phone wakes me at around noon...It felt like I had just closed my eyes when I laid down and now I was up again...It was Scott...The Gravehill guys were getting ready to make their long trek home to California...I throw some water on my face and head out the door...

I walked over this time...I should have walked home a few hours before, but common sense waved bye bye to me at some point in the night of debauchery...not a bad walk at all, except it was really hot out...

Al Famine was still over and everyone was just hanging out...either groggy from the long two weeks we had or hung over...or both...

And of course, Renee corrupted me once again...There was one lone beer in the house...And that was a Sam Adams Imperial White...They pack a punch...especially when I think I was still drunk from the night before...

And that folks is what is in that coffee cup I'm clutching here...





We say our goodbyes and watch Gravehill take off...I know Scott has a pic of the Gravehill-mobile and that shit awful trailer departing...

So now I am mega-bummed...While I was bummed on the road during certain times, it hit me bad now...While I keep in touch with everyone from Gravehill, it is not the same as hanging out. Who knows when we will see each other again? Sooner than later I hope...The point is, I'm already missing my friends...

Since Scott and Renee were off for the day, we hung out...went to a killer hot dog stand that I never knew about in all the time I lived here...Highly recommended, but daylight dining is suggested...It is also Anthony Bordain approved!



Of course we got beer afterward and just hung out and drank through the evening...I split around 8pm though...an early night...One of the few...

When I was home, I didn't know what to do with myself. This feeling is still going on, weeks after the tour commenced. I never knew if I would enjoy touring or not. But, as I was home, all I wanted to was be out playing. I guess I was meant to be doing this.

We had a few days off now to relax and decompress...Next stop...The Sickest Fest in the Midwest...Central Illinois Metalfest!

No comments: