Wednesday, August 18, 2010

After Tour Celebration--Sweet Home Chicago Part 2: Electric Boogaloo!

Yeah, I guess you could call it that...While we had to end it early, we still felt a great sense of accomplishment. For Cardiac, it was the first time we have ever did something this extensive...We all got along, no major melt downs, we gave 110% every show, dealt with the downs, and relished in the ups...We proved to ourselves that we could tour...

I had phoned Scott of Cianide before the Indy show to see if his offer (see Tour Day 8 entry) still stood...Good news...it did...and he even took Friday off. Preparing for debauchery...that's what us drunks do!

We left the Indy show probably around 3am...We stopped at a Denny's to grub and finish the drive back to Chicago...I couldn't tell you who drove...I think it was David...with me being drunk and a stomach full of awesome breakfast food, I went into drunk/food coma and crashed hard...Next thing I know, it was daylight and we were back at our rehearsal spot and gear was already being unloaded.

Still half asleep, I did what I could...We also had to put the damn extra seat back in the van...What a pain in the ass...

Everything got unloaded, so I took Adam back to his place...Came back and closed everything up and headed back to Casa de Knizner for the second time this tour. Works for me! Jim and David had to ride along since Jim left his car by Scott's after the Chicago show...But we weren't going there to party yet...Come on...It was like 8:30 in the morning...I'm bad, but not that bad...Ok I am, but Scott and Renee were at work...When I dropped Jim and David off, I noticed Al Famine's car parked there...Must have partied the night before...Hopefully he would still be around for this evenings festivities...

We get to my place about 2 minutes later...Had to search for a parking permit for the Gravehill-mobile (zoned parking and revenue collectors love finding non compliant vehicles) and we just chilled here...Matt and Corpsie went straight to the basement to crash...Rhett did laundry and he, myself, Bob, and Mike just chilled out and watched TV...We had a lot of time to kill and it was nice to just relax...

I had to take the van back at some point today, and luckily, the place was right down the street...I'll worry about it later because I wanted to clean it up before I took it back...

In the early afternoon, hunger started to kick in...I suggested my favorite junk food joint, Jacky's, which is right across the street. However, I was outvoted in favor of Deep Dish Pizza. Yes, the last time the Gravehill guys were here, we really did not have time to do much of anything Chicago-wise and they got shafted...Not this time though...I took them right down the street to one of the more famous establishments here on the South Side...

Disclaimer: Let it be known that we here in Chicago do not just eat Deep Dish Pizza like all those food shows lead you to believe...We mostly eat thin crust that is cut into squares...Deep Dish is a nice treat once in awhile...Got that???

Corpsie and Matt stayed behind and slept while the rest of us gorged on Deep Dish Pizza...I'd like to say that we were dicks and didn't bring them back any, but we are not like that believe it or not...They got leftovers that were still hot (that's how close this place is to the house)

Bob, Mike, and I cleaned the van while the others ate, took showers, etc.

Took the van back without any issue. I was a bit worried about it because of all the goofy things that we went through with the change over and turning it to a different city, but all was well...

Went and loaded up on beer and some food for the night...Drinking and grilling would ensue.

We got to Scott's around 7pm...Besides myself, David was the only Cardiac member in attendance for the bash...And Al Famine showed back up to partake in the bash...and what a bash it was...I'll let the pics do the talking...





































Yup...that's how we roll...This went on till about 5am...I can't even fathom how much booze was consumed...I know I brought a 30 pack, David brought a 12er, Al brought beer, I believe some of the Gravehill dudes bought some beer, Scott's house is ALWAYS well stocked, and that bottle of Maker's Mark was full when we got there...The bash is what the kids now call, epic!

It was getting light out when I made my way home, which thankfully is only a few blocks away...David had left already and the Gravehill guys were crashing at Scott's...I would see them again in just a few hours...

1 comment:

Orion Jerk-off said...

Drinking Labatt Blue, eh? Summoning the spirit of Canada through our native nectar. Good on you, man.
I'm enjoying the blog a great deal.