Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Cinema Wasteland Weekend Spring 2008 Show Day 3

Well, my streak for the first to wake at Wasteland is over...christ, did I feel like crap...and we had check out time to contend with, although we were ahead of schedule...Greg came up to the room and was getting ready to leave...I had some stuff his room, so I had to go down and get it...hang out a bit with him, Billy, and Eggs, then I took off to get ready...damn, that shower felt great!!! Packed up the car, and headed over to the convention for the final day...

Sunday is the day I do all my autographs and celeb pics...why I do this, I don't know, because sometimes Sunday is a slow day, and celebs will split early...but all was good and got everything I wanted...

Catriona MacColl The Beyond 8x10
John Morghen Cannibal Apocalypse 8x10
Tom Towels "Otis" 8x10
Mink Stole "Dottie Hinkle" 8x10
Dyanne Thorne Harem Keeper 8x10

Sly and Nickolle also got me a kick as John Morghen T-shirt and a Cardiac Arrest one sheet...

Went over to Zornow's table and bought a bunch of prints from him which I made him personalize...

Blood Freak Scared Stiff
C.H.U.D.
Freudstein
I Want My Cake

Did I mention I was still drinking beers throughout this?? OF course, you already knew this...

And Sunday, is always the sad day because it is the last day...some had left us already, others were soon to leave...Burn and Nikki were heading out as well, which is a bummer, because they always stay the distance...but they had an excellent reason...they missed their kids...so they are excused!!!

Wandered around and took more pics with people and was getting bummed that it was almost over...

Steve Eggs to the rescue...he had invited a bunch of us over to his house for a spaghetti dinner!!! Awesome!!

After the convention, we headed over. Splatterbeast and Ruth rode with Sly, Nickolle and I and had a fun ride over as I had a 70's station on and was singing the ABBA and Barry Manilow tunes that were on. Guess I have to turn in my metal membership card now, eh??

We get over to Egg's place and I was taken down to the dungeon!! Talk about awesome stuff. I felt like a kid in a candy store there...lots of cool tapes, CD's movies, memorabilia, Star Wars stuff...Awesome!! As was dinner!! And Steve's mom was very cool as hell, especially for having us dirtbags over!! Very much appreciated for sure! We took more group shots on the porch and headed back to the hotel for our final goodbyes...

And this is always the funniest part...no one wants the weekend to end...a lot of us stood around and talked, and no one wants to split...but eventually, we did...and we took off, back to Chicago...and the ride home is always more somber...did not talk as much, probably from being both bummed and fried from the weekend...Got back to my place around 11pm, unloaded everything, and Sly and Nickolle took off...I'll be seeing them soon enough though as Sly is still here for a couple of weeks...

Got in the house, organized everything and tried to crash...but at this point, I was so tired and burnt out, that was even tough to do...eventually, I drifted off...

Final thoughts coming soon...

No comments: