Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Cinema Wasteland Weekend Spring 2008 Show Day 2

I'm not sure what time we woke, but I was the first one awake, which is a Wasteland first...lol...Burn and Nikki were in rough shape, so I got ready and left them alone for awhile...I headed down to Billy, Eggs, and Greg's room for awhile...We started talking about Convulsions and I showed them a few of the riffs I was working on. They seemed pleased with the direction I was heading with it...I wish I would have had more jam time with them, but I know so many people at Wasteland and there is so much to do, that it is near impossible to focus on band stuff. But nonetheless, things are finally getting solidified, so that is a good thing...

Burn finally got up and moving, but Nikki was still down for the count...we let her rest, as hanging with me drinking can be a dangerous thing...Burn and I headed over to the convention because there was another panel we wanted to check out...The ILSA Panel!!! In this panel, Dyanne Thorne, Howard Maurer, and Don Edmonds would be talking about the Ilsa films and a few other things. Another interesting panel for sure. Dyanne Thorne seemed pretty awesome and happy to be there...she does not really like doing conventions from what I had heard over the years, but she seemed right at home here. Don Edmonds is always a trip. This was my second time hearing him speak, and he was great again. He had a ton of stories and was very entertaining. Score a win for another great Wasteland panel!!

After the panel, I met some more online friends...Tanya and Kevin made it from Canada!! Splatterbeast from California and his girlfriend Ruth from England!!! Also met Greg from the Exploited Filth board. And Jones, also from Canada!! We went out in back of the hotel and took a whole bunch of group pictures. Fun times!!

The rest of the day is kind of in a haze for me...I did buy a killer Cat In The Brain shirt from Ed and Damien. I never seen them have that design from them before, so I had to have it. I also ran into Ash and Zdenka from Estuary/Faith Xtractor, as they were in town for the Acheron show that night...talked with Kyle and Vince from Acheron as well...Wouldn't have minded going to the show, but I was drinking all day at that point, and I never like leaving the convention site...too risky...

Burn and I went back to the room for awhile and Nikki was doing much better. Hung out, partied, did the con thing a little more, but then finally decided it was time to eat real food...Ordered dinner from some place that was really good...had it delivered of course...but then, back to the outdoor party in from of the Holiday Inn...

At this point, I don't remember anything...where I was, who I was with, etc...I know I was having fun though hanging with everyone...and I honestly don't remember going back to the room and going to sleep...

No comments: