Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Cinema Wasteland Weekend Spring 2008 Show Final Thoughts

Another Wasteland over...And the funny thing is, I get so bummed, for like two days after the show...It is such a great time, but it goes by so damned fast...However, this was probably the funnest one for me yet...don't get me wrong, I have had a blast at all the other ones, but this one was really special with all the cool folks that came to this...so here is my "Thanks and Thoughts List"

Burn and Nikki--We have been doing this a long time now (10 for you, 8 for me, not to mention the other cons we have been together at) and I can't think of two other people I would rather be doing this with...You guys have been great all these years, especially the last year, which you know has been extremely tough for me...it is because of you that I can go to Wasteland and I greatly appreciate your generosity!! Thanks also for the goodies!!

Sly and Nickolle--First off, great hanging with Sly all weekend. I hope you had fun at your first Wasteland. We'll be doing some more stuff together in the coming weeks for sure! Thanks for the shirt and the poster...it really meant a lot!! I'm glad you both rode with me...and Nickolle, you are more than welcomed to hitch a ride every time I go...

Gregg--A first time Wastelander, hope you had a blast!! We'll get stuff going with both Gangulated and Convulsions very soon...things have just been so crazy this year and it sucks we don't live right near each other anymore...One thing I miss about not living up north...But, well have stuff down soon enough...

Steve Eggs--We have hung out at Wasteland quite a few times now, but with each one we get cooler and cooler, which is great in my book. For sure keep in touch because hanging out twice a year just sucks...we need to hang out more!! Thanks for having us over and for the awesome dinner!! It is something I will never forget!!

Billy--Was great hanging with you again all weekend. I am really glad you make it out and hope you plan on returning again. Hope you had a blast and that you weren't disappointed in any way...Thanks for the CD's and stickers, especially the Internal Bleeding one...lol...oh yeah, SLaM DeTH iZ br00TaL!!!

Slasher Dave and Dez--Nice hanging with you guys again as well. We spent a little more time together than last time, and I'm sure glad I did...I'm guessing you will be regulars and be at every one now, correct?? Hope so!!

Zornow--You rule bro!! I always have a great time with you...crazy times!! Thanks for personalizing the prints I bought...they will be framed and hung soon...keep me posted if you will be in my area and I will come and hang out...

Putrid--We didn't hang out much this weekend, but the time we did was a blast...keep in touch and we need to hang out more...another Metal Haven Friday perhaps??

Ed Fantom--Another Wasteland regular!! Glad you made it out again. Hopefully next time Romina will come with...she has been absent the last two now...anyway, hope you had a great time with us and look forward to seeing you in October...

Brian and Donna--More regulars who are always a pleasure to be around. It was great to see you again and play catch up. I'm sure I will see you again in October!!

Splatterbeast and Ruth--I hope your first Wasteland was a fun one and that you return again. It was so awesome hanging out with you guys!! Please keep in touch!!

Tanya and Kevin--I was shocked when Billy told me you guys made it. Now that you know you can, please make sure you keep coming back. I was bummed when you told me that you had to leave on Saturday...never do that again!! lol It was great hanging out with you guys!!

Erik--Nice to finally meet you...I'll get them CD's out to you as soon as they are ready. Hope you had a good time and that you also plan to return.

Greg--We met briefly, but it was nice to finally meet you as well. We talk quite a bit on EF, but it is nice to finally be able to put a name to a face...Cheers buddy!!

Jones--You are nuts!! You got me drinking whiskey, which I never do!! It was great hanging with you as well. Keep going with the sick art and hope you also return...

If I forgot anyone, I am truly sorry...it was s long weekend and it is hard to keep track sometimes...


To sum up, that is what Wasteland is about to me...all the great friendships that are made. Sure, all the celeb stuff is cool, but to me, that is secondary. To coin the phrase that came out of the Chainsaw reunion a few years back: The Wasteland Is Family!! Hopefully everyone who went agrees...


And for the people who didn't attend, I really don't know what to say...It is not an expensive con in the grand scheme of things, although I understand about travel costs and stuff...however, the next Wasteland is in the first weekend of October, which is plenty of time to start saving up...and if anyone has any questions about Wasteland, I'll be happy to answer them...

Cheers for a great weekend with excellent people!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a topic that is close to my heart... Take care! Exactly where are your contact details though?


Review my web site ... weight loss management