Monday, October 22, 2007

Studio Weekend...Day 7 and 8

Well, on Thursday night, I ended up partying all night for the most part...So needless to say, I was running on empty Friday...we had decided earlier in the week to meet up on Friday to plan the layout of the new album...we pretty much agreed on everything. Just like any band, we have our disagreements here and there, but overall, since I had joined the band, we never had any super huge conflicts...So in other words, it is a pleasant working environment...We did decide to do a photo collage in the booklet...so, if you wave taken pictures with us at some point, there is a pretty good chance you will be seeing yourself in the next CD...

Which brings us to Saturday...time to record my guitar tracks...finally!! I got to the studio around noon with 12 pack in hand...set up my stuff, let my amp get nice and warm, and warmed up a little myself...then, started recording. This studio experience went much better for me this time around. I felt very comfortable and felt very good while playing the songs. Had a few punch ins here and there, and I made myself do things over here and there, but I pretty much cruised through everything...the goal was to finish the first seven songs on the list...everything after that would be a bonus...I had time to do more, however, I was pretty loaded at this point. I tried getting through "Out From The Womb..." but I could not get through the first riff...After several tries, I said fuck it...was not feeling it anymore...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Showed up Sunday around 1pm...had 7 more songs to do. Jim did not show up because he hurt his back earlier in the week and suffering from what I was told. I missed him because I had no one to fuck with. Ha ha!! At any rate, this session went as smooth as the previous. Got everything done. Just hearing the raw recording (so far drums, Adam's guitar tracks, and now mine) is making me feel very optimistic about this next release. It sounds really thick, and Adam's and my sound blend nicely together...

This Friday, we will be starting bass tracks...Amsterdamn plans on setting up and playing around with his sound. He may record a few of our shorter songs to get a feel for everything, but the bulk of the recording will be done on Saturday and Sunday...We're in the home stretch!!!

No comments: