Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Cinema Wasteland Fall 2007 Show: The Final Chapter

I was awaken around 10:30am...time to get ready and check out. We still had all day to hang out though...I literally fell out of bed. I was still drunk. And I was in a surprisingly good mood and not very tired...

Everyone was surprised to see me not hungover...what they don't know is that I rarely get hangovers...so I wandered around the dealers room and it was time to start getting some things...I did have a bit of money, but I really need to conserve...Which I did...

Ultraviolent Magazine (Thanks Art!!)
The Redsin Tower DVD (Thanks Anthony and Fred!!)
Spooked DVD (Thanks Bill!!)
Two Zornow prints (Thanks Jeff!!)
Wasteland Shirt (Nikkole got that for me...thanks a bunch!!)

Not a bad haul for being dead broke!! Hopefully next time I will be in better financial shape...

Ended up taking a picture with William Forsythe too...

I finally caught up with director and all around cool guy, Andy Copp...I don't know how I kept missing him over the weekend, but weird things like that happen. We shot the shit for a little while...Cardiac Arrest had written a song from Andy's last film, The Atrocity Circle...just wanted to give his some updates and ask for some of his input. All is great with that. I gave him our last CD as well...

The convention was winding down, and everybody, including me, were basically running on empty...Wasteland is always sad on Sunday...no one really wants it to end...it will be another six months till everyone gets together again...in my case, it will be a year...as I have already told everyone, I will be forced to miss the April show due to band obligations, on which I am sure I will be talking about more in the next month or so...it is a big show we will be doing, so it does take the sting out of missing Wasteland a bit...Nikkole and I said our goodbyes to everyone and eventually split...we gased up and headed home. We were both fairly braindead, but still talked a lot and we made great time coming back. Pulled in my driveway at around 9:30 pm. It was good to be home, but Nikkole would have to wait a bit longer as her battery was dead in her car...And I had no jumper cables...needless to say, we were able to get a jump, and she headed home...

What a weekend!!! Most fun I had in a real long time, and I needed it. It was great to see all my old friends. And I made a lot of new friends as well. If I didn't mention you by name in these blogs, I apologize...it was a long, fast paced, drunken weekend, so it is difficult to remember every detail. Just know that we will be hanging out again in the future...And I hope more and more cool people come out and take part in a Cinema Wasteland!!

Pictures will be posted on my My Space page...I didn't take that many, but others did, which I will snag and put up in a new album. Feel free to do the same with mine when I post 'em...

No comments: