Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Cinema Wasteland Fall 2007 Show Part II

So, I awaken around 11 am...I am still feeling loaded...ha ha!! Must...keep...buzz...going...so naturally, the first thing I do is reach into the cooler and crack open a beer...guess the second thing? You got it...go downstairs to smoke a cigarette...still in my jammies, I go outside...Steve Eggs is out there hanging out!! We just seen each other at CIM but we still have a million things to talk about...he shot the shit a bit, then I went upstairs to get ready...

Bryan, Nikki, and I headed down to the main room...I made the rounds to all the various dealers and friends that I know there...First stop was Mike Watt and Amy Lynn Best...I have known Mike and Amy since 2003 now and they are a lot of fun to be around. Continuing on, next stop was the Ultraviolent Magazine guys. I saw main guy Scott a bit the night before, but did not get a chance to see Art Ettinger or Allana...Great seeing everyone again...I made my way down the aisle...Damien from Unearthly Possessions/Living Dead Dolls (Ed was at Chiller), Jill from Lix, Joe Knetter, Tony from Xploited Cinema, Uncle Lloyd and the Troma Crew, Jerry from Synapse (Don was at Chiller), and many more fiends and freaks...I always love these reunions...

I walked through the Celeb section. The there of this Wasteland was a Michael Myers reunion...almost all the people who played Michael were there. Not really my cup of tea though...I was only a fan of the first three films, so the only one who really piqued my interest was Tommy Lee Wallace...Other guests included, William Forsythe, Leslie Easterbrook, Ted V. Mikels, and Kyra Schon among a few others...I moved on though...I didn't have the cash to really get anything, so I more or less wandered aimlessly talking to pals and what not...Non of the panels or screening for the day really appealed to me, so I just hung out and drank throughout the day...Bounced around through various friends rooms and hung out...See, there is a lot more to Wasteland than the convention itself...there is really a camaraderie happening there...I went upstairs to the room for a bit to refill and recharge...

When I came back down, ran into more of my pals and met Slasher Dave's girl, DeZ...instantly, another part of the extended Wasteland family!! I staggered (yes, I said staggered...I was quite drunk by now) outside, where I ran into Jim Sadist from Nunslaughter/Schnauzer...we hung out and chatted for a bit and Putrid joined us...took some pics of Jim's Nunslaughter mobile...He wad to split, so I took off back into the hotel...the con was winding down at this point, so it was time to relax, eat, and rest up for the evening party...

Details for me are hazy...I know we got downstairs around 9pm...And I had been drinking basically since I got there the night before...All I know, I was having fun...I remember a lot of Hula Hoop action, a guy breathing fire, myself and Nikki making fun of Bryan, Bryan and Bill Zebub fucking with me, going to the gas station to buy more beer, some little Asian chick kicking some jerk in the face, William Forsythe hanging out with us again, Steve Eggs kick ass Schnauzer slippers, and maybe a few other little things...I had to ask Nikkole about a lot that night because I simply was too drunk to remember anything...I'm not sure when I called it a night, but I believe it was around 5:30am...I was out like a light...

No comments: