Monday, September 10, 2007

YOTI Madness

Our show on Saturday night at YOTI went pretty well. Much smoother than the night before, thankfully. As usual, I was the first one there...I think I got there around 7:30pm. And of course, ordered my first pitcher of beer. I was so damn exhausted from the day before, that I was really spacing out...next thing I know, I dosed off at the bar. Adam came in and more or less woke me up. We began loading our merch and distro in to set up. A few people then showed. I met Nev, who I post with on Exploited Filth. We hung out and talked for awhile about, what else? Horror films and metal!!! Very cool guy and hope to hang out with you again soon... Nikolle (Ms. Gnome) showed up wearing a Morgue Mutilations T and her pockets jingling...no shit...she had all quarters for the cover!! That's fucking dedication!!! She starts a new job today, so good luck to her. Since there were only three bands tonight, Jimmy (From Jungle Rot/booker at YOTI) and I decided to drop the cover to $6.00...If we could only drop the beer prices there...

I also met a dude name Roger, who is in the band Splatter Whore. He just relocated from the St Louis area. Very cool guy and talked about quite a few bands. I hope to see him around some shows in the future...

The Mordrid guys came in, and shortly after the Moral Decay guys showed. Said our hellos and bullshitted a little while. Ian from MD gave me some stickers and a copy of their new release, A Face Full Of Guts. Pretty damn killer stuff. More people were coming in. Saw a lot of familiar faces and a lot of new people, which is a good thing. Maybe we are doing something right??

I retreated to my truck, where I had a fully stocked cooler waiting for me. Matt and Rick from Dead For Days was hanging out with me and we put a hurt on the cooler. After awhile, it was time to play. It sucks, because I missed both bands. I really like both Moral Decay and Mordrid. I just get "metalled out" easily these days, especially after what I went through the night before...

So we set up and began our set. Pretty much a carbon copy of the previous night...

1) The Inevitable
2) Cadaverous Presence
3) Beyond Trauma
4) Beast Among Many
5) E-Viper-Ate
6) As The Dead Pillage
7) Into The Woodchipper
8) Make Them Die Slowly
9) The Haunted Remnants
10) Carnage Your Fate

James from Dead For Days came up to sing some of Carnage with us. He about knocked me over several times. I said it before and will say it again, James is one of the most craziest people on stage. He just goes nuts. He is such a great front man.

I never like over staying my welcome on stage. When we plan our set lists, I always shoot for 30 minutes, 35 tops. The guys usually agree with me. But, since this show was only three bands, there was still some time. And everyone there wanted more...so hence...

11) Underworld Hate
12) In His Name They Spill Blood

We seemed to go over well. And everyone there got a pretty decent snapshot of the new album, as we played 5 songs from it. We relaxed and talked to a lot of the people there. John and Nick from Kommandant were there and their feedback was awesome. See, I knew John for years and years. And he is very selective musically. He has seen us before and likes us, however, on this night, he said a lot of great things. My friends don't blow smoke up my ass. And when certain people give us feedback like that, those are the opinions that matter to me.

So thanks to everyone who came out to support us. As we keep saying, this is probably our last local show for a long time. To those who missed out, guess you shouldn't have, eh?

No comments: