Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Getting Ready...

Well, well, well...Cardiac Arrest is going to the studio again...We will be starting our next full length CD, Cadaverous Presence...It will contain 13 tracks and will be released by Epitomite Productions sometime in early 2008. Track listing has been decided and the artwork is completed. We will be recording with our buddy Kai Kauffman at Polymorph Studios...I'm sure I will be doing a detailed "studio report" as it happens...Jim will be recording his drum tracks this weekend...

On the merch front, we will be getting 1" Pins...We have ordered them through Bearded Lady Buttons, who was recommended to us by our metal brother Sly of Fondle Corpse...Many cheers to you bro!! Anyway, check out Bearded Lady if you need buttons...They are great people and their prices are ace!! Here are the designs we are doing...







Vinyl Stickers will also be coming soon...I had a company in mind, but they seem too busy for us...so if anyone in a band wants to plug who they use, please let me know...Here is the sticker design...




Now for some Severed news...well, there is no news...We are still on a hiatus, but we should be back working again in another month or so. Our hopes was to have our free 10 song promo, Free Cuts (ha ha...get it?) out this year, but that may not happen. It is recorded and roughly mixed, but we still have some tweaking to do. In time...we ain't going nowhere...More updates as they happen...

And finally, I may actually start working again. Don't want to jinx myself, but I may have a sweet job coming up soon. I have been unemployed for the last year and a half and have not been able to find anything. Previously, I was a corporate manager and got laid off after 12 years of busting my ass due to a buyout and outsourcing...some thanks...And I am in kind of a rough place because of my experience (too much, in which companies think I will be expensive) or that I do not have a Masters Degree (seems like every company wants that in management now...so much for the hands on that I have, eh?) This job will be much different...I applied to be a Union Electrician. I take an aptitude test in a couple of weeks. Now I am chasing around getting college transcripts, past work history, letter of recommendation, etc. If I get in, I will go through a 5 year apprenticeship program in which I will attend classes and work under people. In my family, there are a lot of electricians who all did well, so why not?? I should have did that after high school like I wanted, but noooo...family wanted me to go to college...that really worked out, eh? So, keep your fingers crossed for me...I could use it...

No comments: