Sunday, February 10, 2008

Slacking Off

Yup...did not bother to really keep this thing current...lots of stuff going on...

I'm still a bum...no change on the job front...and I had to get rid of my truck...seems that in this neighborhood, a disabled vehicle is a target and an open invitation to fuck with it even more...So I junked it...Got $150.00 for it...It was old (12 years) and had 200K on it, so I wouldn't have got much for it anyway...My other vehicle (a 93 Saturn) is getting repaired as I type this...it has been sitting in my old town since I left as I really didn't need it at the time...so I will have wheels again soon...

Very busy on the band front...

The new Cardiac Arrest album, Cadaverous Presence, should be out in March sometime...The master is ready and in our hands and I am told it sounds great (I have only heard a sample track) so looking forward to getting that tonight. We are just waiting on final layout stuff and it will be off to the label right away. Keep your fingers crossed for a quick turn time in printing...Also, we got a call last week to open for the Rotting Christ/Immolation gig in Chicago...Our first Chicago show since September...and maybe our last one if I have anything to say about it...We will also be doing the DJ thing at The Exit on March 2nd...We were hoping to have the album in our hands by then, but sometimes things don't go as planned...So, we'll be teasing that night...Lots of shows planned for the year...mainly fests...With the big ones being LA Murderfest in April, Mayhem in May (KY) in May, and Central Illinois Metalfest in July. Should be a fun year...We also have begun writing again...2 new songs with a third in the halfway point...

Severed is going once again. Our CD is completed and we have began practicing again. Regarding the CD, we have no idea what we are going to do with it. Our goal was basically to record everything we had since 1995, just to have it...We wanted to release a free promo, but I really like the way it turned out. There are still a few tweaks that need to be made, but overall, I am very happy with the end product...We may pick a few songs to do as promo, but I may end up shopping something...We have a show in Milwaukee on March 1st...playing with No Slogan and Speed Freaks...should be fun!!

Gangulated Pus does not have much going on...we put one of our songs on the My Space page and it has gotten pretty decent response...we have another one that is done for the most part, but I'll be damned if I remember it...lol Gregg and I plan on getting together at some point...But busy time is coming, so I'll see...

Convulsions...Yes, Stevo (Impetigo) asked me to be a part of his new project, Convulsions...I am stoked!! We have been friends for a long time now, but I never thought I would be in a band with him. This will be a work in progress...from what I know, I will be getting stuff sent to me to learn...where it goes after that is anyones guess...but I am so looking forward to doing this. Here is the Convulsions My Space.

Now on to some of the live shows I have been to...and mind you, it has not been many as I am trying to lay low and save some cash. Plus, I am just getting sick of all the damn drama going on...

Deceased @ The Double Door--This was a pretty great show. It was Mike LeGros' 40th b day, so he threw a kick ass show featuring all of his bands (Hell's Corspe, Disinter, Earthen, Metallian) and had Half Gorilla, Dead For Days, and the mighty Deceased on as well...Adam played in Hell's Corpse and they played 4 tunes that night. It was strange seeing Adam in a different band, but it was also really cool. He had a blast and learned them tunes pretty quickly...sounded great. Deceased was a highlight for me...this was the first time seeing them live. I have always missed out for one reason or another. But they did not disappoint...Played quite a few from Luck of the Corpse, which made me happy. They were super tight and flawless!! Not to mention cool...I finally met King after all these years. We used to write each other back in the day, but never met personally. So that finally happened!! Great show, great night!!

Anal Blast @ The End Zone--Their farewell tour. I have known Don for a number of years, and his health is in pretty bad shape. So he is calling it a day and doing one last tour. I actually wasn't going to go to this show, but changed my mind at the last minute. It was all the way in Aurora and I don't really like driving far anymore. Plus, I thought there were too many bands on the bill. Makes for a less memorable show experience...I can't keep track...But AB kicked ass as always. I'm glad I went.

Superchrist @ The Brauerhouse--One of my favorite bands. Take old Iron Maiden meets Motorhead and you pretty much got it. They played a great set and there was a decent turnout. I picked up their new 7" (on blue vinyl no less) and hung out with Chris most of the night. Can't wait to see them again.

Jungle Rot @ Reggies--Pretty fun night although the turnout was disappointing. Jungle Rot kicked ass as usual...they never disappoint and are one of my favorite bands in the scene. I have not seen most of the guys in awhile, so it was a nice little reunion. Another great band on the bill was Infinite Missiles...great crossover thrash in the vein of DRI without sounding gay, like many of these beer drinking zombie thrash bands that are out there today...I suggest checking them out...

Well, that about covers it for now. I'll try keeping this up to date more. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood to type...

No comments: